How would you like us to handle HP increase? Take the average, or roll?
Take the max amount for first level. (I think it's already written in the rules that way but just in case.) For levels beyond I'm going to try something a little different. Roll once for your HP. If you roll below the average then take the average.
I've been skimming over the backgrounds and everything sounds good for the most part. I would like Autumn to have something added explaining how he came to be in The Second Militia, especially considering his noble background.
Added a motivation to the Features and Traits section of the first page.
"Reason for joining the Second Militia - Autumn knows all people respect wartime service which would reach the ears of peasants and nobility alike. The cushiest service seemed to be The Second Militia, so he joined up. Autumn might have bitten off more than he can chew."
Couple of equipment-related questions for Lemunde: 1. Can I count the small knife from the Urchin background as a dagger? 2. Does the Second provide my character with a mount, or must he buy his own? The same goes for rations, torches, and other survival gear. 3. How are you handling equipment weight? Are you using encumbrance? 4. Will you be asking us to track ammunition, rations, torches/oil, and the like? 5. During character creation, can we sell equipment for half price, or trade it in for full price? As a terrible example, if my character didn't want his leather armor for whatever reason, would he sell it for 5 gp, or just start with the 10 gp he would've otherwise spent on the armor in the first place?
Last Edit: Jan 25, 2016 6:28:16 GMT by jkat718: fixed broken link
I'm not exactly the DM, so take everything with a gigantic pile of salt. Also I'm sorry for sort of responding for you Lemunde, I don't mean to step on your toes:
1. It's a small knife, I'd allow it as a dagger as few inch long butterfly knife all the way up to about 1 foot blades could fall under the category of dagger.
2. I'd venture a guess that it's a horse they expect returned unless you spent some gold to purchase one yourself. Equipment provided from your class/background should contain something around 10 days of rations, 10 torches, and a few other misc. stuff.
3. If I recall correctly, Lemunde said that we are using encumbrance, but any adventurer's pack or the like you get from your class/background doesn't weigh the 50ish lbs. despite all the equipment it provides.
4. We probably should keep track of these items, as I think it forces us to use limited resources as cleverly as possible.
5. During character creation I'd rule that some items can be traded in at full price, but once the game starts merchants will buy at half price or less
Again, I'm not the DM and my opinion is far removed from Lemunde's response. Honestly, I'm answering these questions because I know that my other group will have similar questions, so this is more for getting ready for these DM questions when they come up.
There are no posts here. Start the conversation below.